Extreme E 2021: Desert X-Prix

Safeguarding and Complaints


When funds are posted to your account, in line with regulatory requirements, the regulated payment/e-money institutions that we work with safeguard your funds. This means that the funds shown in your payment account or e-wallet are held at reputable banks or covered by an insurance policy, and most importantly, are protected for you in the event of our partner e-money/payment institutions’, or our, insolvency. Our partners stop safeguarding your funds when the money has been paid out of your account to your beneficiary’s account. If you require a breakdown of the exact amounts of funds you have safeguarded at each of our e-money/payments partners at a particular point in time, please do not hesitate to contact us.



We are your first port of call for any queries or concerns, including complaints. We will handle these complaints in line with our complaints process.

When making a complaint, please outline the following information:

  • The date of the complaint
  • The nature of your complaint
  • The impact on your business
  • Your contact details
  • Any additional information

How do I complain?

You can make a complaint by:

What happens when a complaint is made?

A member of the team will confirm receipt of your complaint via email within 24 hours of receiving it and will aim to resolve the complaint within three business days.

On occasion, a complaint may need to be escalated and so the team may extend the timeline to resolve the complaint by the end of 15 business days following receipt of the complaint.

In exceptional circumstances, where we are unable to issue a final response within 15 business days of receipt of the complaint, we have up to a maximum 35 business days from the date of receipt to issue a final response.

If a customer still wants to escalate the complaint further, information will be provided on how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.

We work with e-money and payments institution partners in providing you with our service, namely Currencycloud, Equals PLC, Currency Solutions Ltd  and Alt21 Ltd.

Currencycloud ultimately provides you with geographically or functionally limited elements of regulated payments and e-money services in UK/EU/US.The partners mentioned above have certain obligations as regulated financial services institutions, including around complaints. We keep them informed of the complaints we receive from you regarding the regulated payments and e-money services they ultimately provide to you. They oversee how we handle complaints to ensure we do this to the standard required under the regulations. However, if for any reason your complaint regarding your payments and e-money services has not been acknowledged or dealt with by us, or if you have concerns about the way, it has been handled,

Currencycloud’s complaints information can be found Currencyclouds Complaints Procedure

What if I am unhappy with the resolutions?

If, for whatever reason, you are unhappy with our response, you can request further assistance from the relevant government body.

If you are resident in the UK you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) either by mail, using an online form or telephone. Further details and how to contact FOS can be found here.

If you are resident in the EU you can contact the Netherlands Financial Services Complaints Institute (Kifid) either by mail, using an online form or telephone. Further details and how to contact Kifid can be found here.